Diesel Technician - 2nd Shift
Marshfield, WI | Plover, WI
Diesel technician duties will include running diagnostic tests on vehicles, driving vehicles to gauge performance, and maintaining detailed records of the vehicles that have been serviced. You will have the autonomy to make value-based decisions and will have the opportunity to continue to develop within the industry and advance your career within Mid-State Truck Services.
- Running diagnostic tests of any mechanical, electrical, or other failure of the motor, truck, or components and interpreting the results to offer suitable solutions
- Consulting the customer and reading work orders to evaluate the tasks required
- Inspecting vehicle systems, including suspensions, steering, and exhausts
- Repairing or replacing vehicle transmissions, brakes, engines, and other associated parts
- Test driving repaired vehicles to gauge their performance
- Perform work as outlined on the repair order
- Communicate with parts to get the needed parts
- Complete oil changes, wheel balancing, alignment, and brake checks
- Maintaining records of parts inventory and serviced vehicles
- Attending factory-sponsored training classes
- Possess and exercise excellent communication skills with all employees, managers, customers, and suppliers
- Mechanics have flexibility and independence within the Mid-State shop. As a leading heavy equipment dealer and service center, mechanics service various industrial machinery. Technicians are paid highly competitive wages with a full benefits package beginning the month after hire.
- Mid-State Truck Service is home to Navistar Service Technician Rodeo participants and award winners. We are proud to have skilled, experienced, and dedicated Technicians. Mid-State is also willing to train mechanics to grow with our company. Wages based on experience.
- In-depth knowledge of diesel engine components and operational mechanisms
- Superior knowledge of maintenance tools and repair equipment
- Comfortable using mechanical and electrical power tools
- Excellent problem solving
- Keen attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of computer systems and other relevant electronics
- Proficiency in the use of diesel engine diagnostic software
- A valid driver's license
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective collaboration and communication skills
Date Available: Fri, 08 Jul 2022
Education: High School
Job Type: Full Time & Part Time
Shift: 2nd Shift
Experience: 1+ years
Mid-State Truck Service is an equal opportunity employer.